Tunisian crochet is a great technique for making hairbands because it creates a thick and sturdy fabric. Here's a simple pattern for a Tunisian crochet hairband:Materials:
- Worsted weight yarn in the color of your choice
- Tunisian crochet hook size J (6 mm)
- Chain 10.
- Insert hook in 2nd chain from hook, yarn over and pull up a loop. Repeat this across the chain until you have 10 loops on your hook.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for a total of 20 rows.
- Bind off: chain 1, *yarn over and pull through two loops on your hook, then pull the loop through the loop on your hook. Repeat from * until only one loop remains on your hook.
- Fold the hairband in half with the wrong side facing out and use a yarn needle to sew the two ends together.
- Turn the hairband right side out and weave in any loose ends.