How to Knit a Zig-Zag Shape Knitting pattern for Ladies Cardigan
Are you looking for a way to add some extra style and interest to your ladies cardigan
? Look no further than the zig-zag shape knitting
pattern. This fun and unique pattern is perfect for adding some visual appeal to your cardigan. In this post, we'll guide you through the steps of knitting a zig-zag shape pattern
for a ladies cardigan.
Before we get started, you'll need the following materials:
- Worsted weight yarn (in your choice of color)
- Circular knitting needles (size 8)
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
Follow these steps to create a zig-zag shape knitting pattern
for a ladies cardigan:
- Cast on - Begin by casting on 100 stitches using the long-tail cast-on method.
- Garter stitch border - Knit the first 6 rows in garter stitch to create a border.
- Pattern - Begin the zig-zag pattern by knitting 2 stitches in the first color, then 2 stitches in the second color. Continue knitting in this pattern until you reach the end of the row.
- Repeat - Continue knitting in the zig-zag pattern until the piece measures 14 inches from the cast-on edge.
- Armholes - Place stitch markers 8 stitches in from each side to mark the armhole. Knit until you reach the first marker, slip the marker, and bind off 8 stitches. Knit to the second marker, slip the marker, and bind off 8 stitches. Knit to the end of the row.
- Sleeves - Using double-pointed needles, pick up 40 stitches from the armhole and knit in the round until the sleeve measures 10 inches. Bind off.
- Neckline - With the front of the sweater facing you, pick up stitches along the neckline and knit in garter stitch for 6 rows. Bind off.
- Button bands - Pick up stitches along the front edges of the sweater and knit in garter stitch for 6 rows. Bind off.
- Finishing - Sew the sleeves to the body of the sweater, weave in any loose ends, and attach buttons to the button bands.
And there you have it! Your very own ladies cardigan
with a fun and unique zig-zag shape knitting pattern
. This pattern is perfect for adding some extra style and interest to your wardrobe. Remember to experiment with different colors and yarns to create your own personalized look.