How to crochet a Varsity Bomber Jacket for Kids and Adults
A varsity bomber jacket
is a classic wardrobe staple that never goes out of style. And what's better than buying one? Crocheting
one yourself! In this tutorial, we'll show you how to crochet a varsity bomber jacket
for kids and adults. It's a fun and satisfying project that you can wear with pride.
Materials You'll Need
- Approximately 800-1500 yards of worsted weight yarn in your desired colors
- Crochet hook size G (4mm) for sizes XS to L or crochet hook size H (5mm) for sizes XL to 3XL
- Tape measure
- Yarn needle
- 4 stitch markers
- Zipper or buttons for closure (optional)
- Begin by crocheting the back panel of the jacket. Chain the desired number of stitches for the size you are making.
- Crochet in double crochet stitch until the panel measures the desired length from the base of the neck to the waist.
- Next, crochet the front panels. Chain the desired number of stitches for the size you are making.
- Crochet in double crochet stitch until the panels measure the desired length from the base of the neck to the waist.
- Crochet the sleeves. Start by chaining the desired number of stitches for the size you are making.
- Crochet in double crochet stitch until the sleeves measure the desired length from the armpit to the wrist.
- Crochet the ribbing for the collar, cuffs, and waistband. Chain the desired number of stitches for each section.
- Crochet in single crochet stitch for the collar, and half double crochet stitch for the cuffs and waistband until the ribbing measures the desired length.
- Next, assemble the jacket. Sew the back panel to the two front panels, leaving spaces for the armholes.
- Sew the sleeves to the armholes.
- Sew the collar, cuffs, and waistband to the appropriate sections of the jacket.
- Finally, add a zipper or buttons for closure, if desired.
Congratulations, you've just completed a crocheted varsity bomber jacket! This piece is versatile, stylish, and perfect for all seasons.Remember to always check the sizing and gauge before starting your project to ensure the perfect fit.Happy crocheting!