Tunisian crochet is a unique technique that creates a woven, dense fabric. It's perfect for baby blankets because the fabric is cozy and warm. Here's a pattern for a Tunisian crochet baby blanket:Materials:
- 5 skeins of worsted weight yarn (you can use more or less depending on the size you want your blanket to be)
- Tunisian crochet hook size J (6 mm)
- Chain 65.
- Insert hook in 2nd chain from hook, yarn over and pull up a loop. Repeat this across the chain until you have 65 loops on your hook.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for a total of 20 rows.
- Switch to a new color of yarn and repeat steps 3-5 for 20 rows.
- Continue alternating colors every 20 rows until the blanket is the desired size.
- Bind off: chain 1, *yarn over and pull through two loops on your hook, then pull the loop through the loop on your hook. Repeat from * until only one loop remains on your hook.
- Weave in any loose ends and block the blanket to the desired shape.