How to Make Braided Herringbone Bracelet
If you're looking for a unique and eye-catching bracelet
, a braided herringbone bracelet
is a great option. This bracelet
is made using the herringbone stitch
, which creates a zigzag pattern
that looks like a braid
. It's a fun and challenging project that will leave you with a beautiful accessory that you can wear or give as a gift.
- Size 11/0 seed beads in three different colors
- Beading thread
- Beading needle
- Clasp and jump rings
- Cut a piece of beading thread to your desired length. You'll need enough to wrap around your wrist plus a few extra inches for the clasp.
- Add your clasp to one end of the thread using a jump ring.
- Add three beads of the same color to the thread.
- Take the left thread and pass it through the first bead you added.
- Take the right thread and pass it through the second bead you added.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until your bracelet is the desired length. Be sure to alternate between your three bead colors to create the braided effect.
- Add your clasp to the other end of the bracelet using a jump ring.
- Tie a knot in the thread and trim the excess.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to keep the tension consistent as you're beading to avoid a loose or sloppy-looking bracelet.
- If you're new to the herringbone stitch, practice with a few rows before starting on the bracelet.
- Experiment with different color combinations to create a personalized look.
A braided herringbone bracelet
is a fun and stylish accessory that will impress your friends and add some flair to any outfit. It may take some practice, but the end result is definitely worth the effort. Give it a try and see for yourself!