A knitted table runner can be a beautiful and practical addition to your home décor. Here's a general guide to help you get started:Materials needed:
- Bulky weight yarn in your desired color
- Knitting needles (size US 11 or 8mm)
- Tapestry needle
- Choose your yarn and needles: Choose a bulky weight yarn that you like and knitting needles that correspond to the size of yarn you've selected. The label on your yarn should indicate the recommended needle size.
- Cast on stitches: To start your table runner, you'll need to cast on stitches. The number of stitches you cast on will depend on the desired width of your table runner. A typical width for a table runner is around 12-14 inches. Once you have cast on the desired number of stitches, you are ready to begin knitting.
- Knit in garter stitch: The garter stitch is a simple and beautiful stitch pattern that is perfect for table runners. To knit in garter stitch, simply knit every row. Continue knitting in garter stitch until the table runner reaches the desired length.
- Bind off stitches: Once your table runner has reached the desired length, it's time to bind off stitches to finish your project. To bind off, knit the first two stitches, then insert the left needle into the first stitch on the right needle and lift it over the second stitch and off the needle. Knit one stitch and repeat until all stitches have been bound off.
- Weave in ends: Use a tapestry needle to weave in the loose ends of yarn to finish off your project.