Knit-Look crochet Hat for Beginners
Are you a beginner crocheter
looking to make a hat that looks like it was knitted? Look no further! In this tutorial, we will show you how to make a knit-look crochet
hat that is perfect for beginners.
Materials You'll Need
- Worsted weight yarn
- Crochet hook (size H/5mm)
Follow these steps to make a knit-look crochet hat:
- Begin with a magic circle and make 10 double crochet stitches into the circle. Join with a slip stitch.
- Chain 2 and make a front post double crochet (FPDC) around the first stitch. Make a back post double crochet (BPDC) around the next stitch. Continue alternating FPDC and BPDC around the circle. Join with a slip stitch.
- Chain 2 and make a BPDC around the first stitch. Make a FPDC around the next stitch. Continue alternating BPDC and FPDC around the circle. Join with a slip stitch.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 until the hat is the desired length. For a slouchy hat, continue for 8-10 rounds. For a beanie-style hat, continue for 5-6 rounds.
- Once the hat is the desired length, fasten off the yarn, leaving a long tail. Use a tapestry needle to weave the tail through the stitches and secure the end.
With just a few simple stitches, you can create a knit-look crochet hat
that is perfect for beginners. This technique is great for those who want to achieve a knit-look without actually knitting. With a little bit of practice, you'll be able to make beautiful hats that will keep you warm and stylish all winter long. So grab your yarn and hook and get started today!