How to Knit an Easy Baby vest with Openwork Chains Pattern
If you're looking to knit
a cute and easy baby vest
with an openwork chains pattern, then you've come to the right place! In this tutorial, we'll take you step-by-step through the process of knitting this adorable baby vest
, perfect for a beginner or intermediate knitter.
- 3 skeins of baby weight yarn (you can choose any color you like, but a soft pastel color would be perfect for a baby)
- Size 6 (4mm) knitting needles
- Tapestry needle
1. Cast on 60 stitches.2. Work 4 rows of garter stitch (knit every stitch).3. Begin the openwork chains pattern:
Row 1: *YO, K2tog*, repeat from * to * until end of row.Row 2: Purl every stitch.Repeat these two rows until you have a total of 4 inches of openwork chains pattern.
4. Work another 4 rows of garter stitch.5. Begin shaping the armholes:Row 1: Knit 17 stitches, bind off 6 stitches, knit 20 stitches, bind off 6 stitches, knit the last 17 stitches.
Row 2: Purl every stitch.Row 3: Knit 17 stitches, cast on 6 stitches (using the backward loop cast on method), knit 20 stitches, cast on 6 stitches, knit the last 17 stitches.Row 4: Purl every stitch.6. Continue knitting in the openwork chains pattern
for another 4 inches.7. Work another 4 rows of garter stitch.8. Bind off all stitches.9. Sew the sides of the vest together using the mattress stitch, leaving armholes open.10. Weave in any loose ends.And there you have it, a cute and easy baby vest with an openwork chains pattern
! This vest is perfect for any little one in your life and can be made in any color you choose. We hope you enjoy making this vest as much as we did!
- When working the openwork chains pattern, make sure to keep your tension loose. If you pull too tightly, the openwork chains will become distorted.
- Use a soft, baby weight yarn to make this vest extra cozy for your little one.
- Feel free to customize this pattern by adding buttons or a cute applique to the front of the vest.
Conclusion In this article, we have shown you how easy and enjoyable it is to knit a baby vest
with an openwork chains pattern. With just a few basic knitting techniques, you can create a beautiful and functional garment for your little one. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced knitter, this project is sure to bring you satisfaction and delight. So why not give it a try and see what you can create?Happy knitting!