How to Knit a Square Zig-Zag Type Knitting Pattern
Are you tired of knitting the same old patterns
? Why not try something new and exciting, like the square zig-zag type
knitting pattern? This pattern
is perfect for creating unique and eye-catching designs for a variety of projects, from blankets to scarves and more. In this post, we'll guide you through the steps of knitting a square zig-zag type pattern
Before we get started, you'll need the following materials:
- Worsted weight yarn (in your choice of color)
- Straight knitting needles (size 8)
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
Follow these steps to create a square zig-zag type knitting pattern:
- Cast on - Begin by casting on 32 stitches using the long-tail cast-on method.
- Garter stitch border - Knit the first 6 rows in garter stitch to create a border.
- Pattern - Begin the square zig-zag pattern by knitting 3 stitches in the first color, then 3 stitches in the second color, and so on. Continue knitting in this pattern until you reach the end of the row.
- Repeat - Continue knitting in the square zig-zag pattern until the piece measures 12 inches from the cast-on edge.
- Bind off - Bind off all stitches, and weave in any loose ends.
And there you have it! Your very own square zig-zag type knitting
pattern. This pattern is perfect for creating unique and interesting designs for a variety of projects. Remember to experiment with different colors and yarns to create your own personalized look.