How to Knit a Ladies cardigan Design
is a staple in every woman's wardrobe. It's a versatile piece of clothing that can be worn in any season and paired with different outfits. And the best part? You can knit it yourself! In this post, we'll go through the steps of how to knit a ladies cardigan design
Before you start knitting, make sure you have the following materials:
- Worsted weight yarn (in your choice of color)
- Circular knitting needles (size 8)
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
Follow these simple steps to create your own ladies cardigan
- Cast on - Begin by casting on 100 stitches using the long-tail cast-on method.
- Garter stitch border - Knit the first 6 rows in garter stitch to create a border.
- Body - Switch to stockinette stitch and knit until the piece measures 14 inches from the cast-on edge.
- Armholes - Place stitch markers 8 stitches in from each side to mark the armhole. Knit until you reach the first marker, slip the marker, and bind off 8 stitches. Knit to the second marker, slip the marker, and bind off 8 stitches. Knit to the end of the row.
- Sleeves - Using double-pointed needles, pick up 40 stitches from the armhole and knit in the round until the sleeve measures 10 inches. Bind off.
- Neckline - With the front of the sweater facing you, pick up stitches along the neckline and knit in garter stitch for 6 rows. Bind off.
- Button bands - Pick up stitches along the front edges of the sweater and knit in garter stitch for 6 rows. Bind off.
- Finishing - Sew the sleeves to the body of the sweater, weave in any loose ends, and attach buttons to the button bands.
And there you have it! Your very own ladies cardigan design. This pattern
is perfect for creating a timeless and classic addition to your wardrobe. Remember to experiment with different colors and yarns to create your own personalized look.