How to Make crochet 3D CordCrocheting
can be an excellent way to create beautiful and functional items. Among the many possibilities of crochet, there is a technique to make a 3D cord that can be used for various projects. This cord can add an extra dimension to your crochet projects, such as bags, jewelry
, and even clothing.
- Yarn of your choice
- Crochet hook size G (4.0 mm) or H (5.0 mm)
- Tapestry needle
- Make a slip knot and chain 4 stitches.
- Join the chain into a circle with a slip stitch in the first chain stitch.
- Chain 5 stitches, and then make 3 double crochets in the circle.
- Chain 5 stitches, and then make 3 double crochets in the circle again.
- Repeat step 4 until you have the desired length of your cord.
- Fasten off and weave in the ends.
- When making the double crochets, make sure to wrap the yarn around the hook twice instead of once to create a taller stitch.
- If you want to change colors, simply cut the yarn at the end of a round and start the next round with the new color, making sure to weave in the ends later.
- You can also add beads or other embellishments to the cord by stringing them onto the yarn before you start crocheting.
And there you have it, your very own 3D crochet cord
! This technique can be a fun and creative way to add texture and depth to your crochet projects
. Experiment with different colors and yarn types to create unique cords that will make your projects stand out.Happy crocheting!