How to crochet Wide Tape LaceCrochet
is a great hobby that allows you to create beautiful and unique items. One popular crochet technique is tape lace, which can be used to create a variety of decorative items. In this tutorial, we will show you how to crochet wide tape lace
Materials You Will Need
- Crochet hook (size will depend on the yarn you choose)
- Yarn (a lace weight or light fingering weight works best for tape lace)
- Tapestry needle
Step-by-Step InstructionsStep 1:
Begin by chaining a multiple of 8 plus 2 stitches. For example, you could chain 18, 26, 34, etc.Step 2:
Double crochet in the 6th chain from the hook.Step 3:
*Chain 2, skip 2 chains, double crochet in the next chain. Repeat from * to the end of the row.Step 4:
Chain 3, turn your work.Step 5:
Double crochet in the first chain-2 space.Step 6:
*Chain 2, double crochet in the next chain-2 space. Repeat from * to the end of the row.Step 7:
Repeat steps 4-6 until your tape lace is the desired length.Step 8:
To finish, cut your yarn and weave in the ends using a tapestry needle.
Tips for Crocheting Wide Tape Lace
- Choose a light-colored yarn for your tape lace, as it will show off the details of the pattern best.
- Practice makes perfect! Tape lace can be a bit tricky to get the hang of at first, but keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it.
- If you want to create wider tape lace, simply chain more stitches in multiples of 8 plus 2.
wide tape lace is a beautiful and unique way to add a touch of elegance to any project. With just a few simple steps, you can create intricate and delicate lace patterns that are sure to impress. Give it a try and see for yourself!