How to crochet a Washcloth using Tunisian Stitch
If you're looking for a quick and easy crochet project, why not try making a washcloth using Tunisian stitch? This stitch creates a dense, textured fabric that is perfect for scrubbing and cleaning. In this tutorial, we'll walk you through the steps of making a Tunisian stitch washcloth.
- Worsted weight cotton yarn
- Size J (6 mm) Tunisian crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- Chain 25 stitches using your Tunisian crochet hook.
- Work a foundation row of Tunisian simple stitch (TSS) across the chain, inserting your hook under the back bump of each chain stitch. Keep the loops on the hook and do not turn your work.
- Next, work a row of Tunisian knit stitch (TKS) across the foundation row. Insert your hook under the front vertical bar of each stitch, from right to left. Yarn over and pull up a loop, keeping the loop on the hook. Repeat this process across the row.
- Repeat step 2 and step 3 until your washcloth is the desired size. You can use any combination of TSS and TKS to create different stitch patterns and textures.
- Bind off your last row using the Tunisian simple stitch. Cut your yarn and weave in any loose ends.
And there you have it! Your very own Tunisian stitch washcloth. These make great gifts or can be used around your own home. Try experimenting with different colors and stitch patterns to create a unique set of washcloths.Happy crocheting!