How to Hand-Knit Dungarees for an Age 1 Year Old BabyDungarees
are a practical and stylish clothing item for babies and toddlers, and a handmade pair is a special and unique addition to any little one's wardrobe. In this tutorial, we'll guide you through the steps to hand-knit
a pair of dungarees for a one-year-old baby, so you can create a beautiful and functional piece of clothing for your child.
Materials You'll Need
- Approximately 200 grams of worsted weight yarn in your desired color
- Pair of US size 7 (4.5 mm) knitting needles
- Tape measure
- Yarn needle
- Begin by casting on 48 stitches for the back piece.
- Knit in stockinette stitch until the piece measures 7 inches in length. This will be the back of the dungarees.
- Next, cast on 24 stitches for the first leg. Knit in stockinette stitch for 6 inches.
- Repeat step 3 for the second leg.
- Join the two legs together by knitting across the front and back pieces, making sure to leave an opening for the crotch.
- Knit in stockinette stitch until the piece measures 11 inches in total length.
- Next, create the shoulder straps by picking up 12 stitches on each side of the back piece and knitting in stockinette stitch for 12 inches.
- Cast off and sew the shoulder straps to the front piece.
- Finally, add any additional embellishments or buttons as desired.
Congratulations, you've just completed a pair of hand-knitted dungarees for your one-year-old baby! Not only will they look adorable, but they'll also be warm and comfortable for your little one to wear.Remember to always check the sizing and gauge before starting your project to ensure the perfect fit.Happy knitting!