How to crochet a Driftwood TeeCrocheting
a Driftwood Tee is a fun and stylish way to update your summer wardrobe. This versatile garment can be worn over a tank top or as a swimsuit cover-up, and the open stitch pattern
makes it light and airy for warm weather. In this blog post, we'll show you how to crochet a Driftwood Tee
- 4 skeins of DK weight cotton yarn
- Size H (5mm) crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
The Driftwood Tee is worked in a simple stitch pattern that creates an open and lacy fabric. The stitch pattern
is a repeat of two rows:Row 1:
Chain 2, skip 2 stitches, double crochet in next stitch, chain 2, skip 2 stitches. Repeat from * to * across row, ending with a double crochet in the last stitch.Row 2:
Chain 2, double crochet in chain-2 space, chain 2. Repeat from * to * across row, ending with a double crochet in the top of the turning chain.
- Begin by chaining 105 stitches.
- Row 1: Double crochet in the third chain from the hook. *Chain 2, skip 2 stitches, double crochet in the next stitch*. Repeat from * to * across the row. Turn your work.
- Row 2: Chain 2. *Double crochet in the chain-2 space, chain 2*. Repeat from * to * across the row. End with a double crochet in the top of the turning chain. Turn your work.
- Repeat row 2 until your piece measures approximately 21 inches from the beginning. This should be long enough to cover your hips.
- To form the armholes, fold your piece in half so that the two short sides are together. Use stitch markers or pins to mark the first 14 stitches on each side of the fold. This will leave you with 77 stitches in the middle for the body of the tee.
- Row 1: Chain 2, double crochet in each stitch until you reach the first marker. Chain 5, skip the 14 stitches marked by the stitch marker, and double crochet in the next stitch. Double crochet in each stitch until you reach the second marker. Chain 5, skip the 14 stitches marked by the stitch marker, and double crochet in the next stitch. Double crochet in each stitch to the end of the row. Turn your work.
- Row 2: Chain 2, double crochet in each stitch and each chain-5 space across the row. Turn your work.
- Repeat row 2 until the armholes measure approximately 8 inches from the shoulder. End off and weave in your ends.
Once you've completed the crochet work, it's time to sew up the side seams. Fold the piece in half with the right sides facing each other and sew up the sides using a tapestry needle and the yarn tails. Finally, weave in any remaining ends and your Driftwood Tee is ready to wear!
The Driftwood Tee is a great project for beginner and experienced crocheters alike. It's perfect for the summer months, and the open stitch pattern makes it light and airy. With a few skeins of cotton yarn and a size H crochet hook, you can create a stylish and comfortable piece that you'll love to wear.Don't be afraid to experiment with different yarn colors or try different stitch patterns to make your Driftwood Tee truly unique. With a little creativity and some basic crochet skills, the possibilities are endless.