Adding Texture to Your crochet Blankets with the Braid Model
If you're looking to add some texture and interest to your crochet blanket
s, then a braid model crochet blanket is the perfect project for you! The braided pattern
adds a unique touch to a classic design, making it a beautiful and stylish addition to any home.
Choosing Your Yarn and Hook
To get started, you'll need to choose your yarn and hook size. It's best to use a medium-weight yarn for this project, as it will give your blanket the structure it needs to hold its shape. You can use any color you like, but a variegated or self-striping yarn can really make the braid pattern
pop.As for hook size, it will depend on your personal gauge and the weight of your yarn. In general, a size H or I hook works well with medium-weight yarn.
The Braid Model Stitch
The braid model
stitch is made up of a series of chains and double crochet stitches. Here's how to do it:
- Chain a multiple of 3 stitches, plus 1.
- Double crochet in the 4th chain from the hook, then double crochet in the next 2 stitches.
- *Chain 1, skip the next 2 stitches, double crochet in the next 3 stitches. Repeat from * to the end of the row.
- Chain 2 and turn. Double crochet in the first stitch, then double crochet in the next 2 stitches.
- *Chain 1, skip the next chain-1 space, double crochet in the next 3 stitches. Repeat from * to the end of the row.
- Repeat step 5 until your blanket reaches the desired length.
Customizing Your Blanket
Once you've mastered the braid model stitch, you can customize your blanket
in a number of ways. You can use different colors for each row of braids, or alternate between solid and variegated yarns. You can also add a border of your choice to finish off the blanket.
A braid model crochet blanket is a beautiful and unique way to add texture and interest to your crochet projects. With a little practice and some creative customization, you can make a one-of-a-kind blanket that's sure to be a cherished heirloom for years to come.