How to Knit Pigeons pattern Vest
Are you looking for a unique and fun knitting project? Look no further than the pigeons pattern vest
! This playful design features adorable little pigeons perched on branches, creating a whimsical and charming garment that is sure to turn heads.
What You'll Need
To create this vest
, you'll need:
- Knitting needles (size will depend on your gauge)
- Yarn in your desired color(s)
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers (optional)
The pigeons pattern vest
is worked in the round from the bottom up. The body is knit
first, followed by the armholes and neck. The pigeons are added using intarsia knitting, which involves knitting with two colors at once.To begin, cast on the required number of stitches for your size and knit in the round until the body of the vest measures your desired length. Next, you will begin the armholes by binding off a certain number of stitches on each side of the vest. The number of stitches you bind off will depend on your size and the desired armhole depth.
Once the armholes are complete, you will continue knitting in the round until you reach the desired depth for the neck. At this point, you will begin working back and forth in rows for the front of the vest. You will need to create a V-neck by decreasing stitches at the center front of the vest.Now it's time to add the pigeons! To create the intarsia pattern, you will need to use a separate ball of yarn for each color. When switching colors, be sure to twist the two yarns around each other to prevent holes from forming.Follow the chart for the pigeons pattern, knitting the pigeons and branches as indicated. Once the pigeons are complete, you can finish the vest by weaving in any loose ends and blocking the garment to the desired measurements.
Tips and Tricks
- When working intarsia, it's important to keep your tension even to prevent holes from forming in the fabric.
- If you're new to intarsia, practice on a swatch before diving into the full project.
- Use stitch markers to help keep track of your progress and to mark the beginning of each round.
- Be patient and take your time with the pigeons pattern. It may take a few tries to get the hang of it, but the end result is well worth the effort!
The pigeons pattern vest is a playful and unique knitting project that is sure to impress. With a little patience and some practice, you can create a charming garment that will be the envy of all your friends. Happy knitting!