How to Knit Barbed Wire Model Vest
What You Will Need
- Yarn in your choice of color
- Knitting needles (size 5-6)
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
- Pattern guide
InstructionsFollow these instructions to create your own barbed wire model vest:
- Cast on stitches according to your desired size. The pattern should be a multiple of 8 plus 2.
- Knit the first row and mark the center stitch with a stitch marker.
- Begin the pattern by knitting the first 3 stitches, then yarn over twice, knit the next 2 stitches together, then yarn over twice again.
- Repeat this pattern until you reach the center stitch, then knit the center stitch and place another stitch marker.
- Continue the pattern until you reach the end of the row, and knit the last stitch.
- On the next row, purl all stitches except for the yarn overs, which should be knit through the back loop to close the gap.
- Continue repeating these two rows until the vest reaches your desired length.
- Bind off all stitches and weave in the ends using a tapestry needle.