Looking for a knitting project that will add some texture and dimension to your wardrobe? Look no further than the embossed lozenge two-needle knitted vest. This beautiful and unique design is sure to turn heads and make a statement. Follow this step-by-step tutorial to learn how to knit your own embossed lozenge vest.
How to Knit Embossed Lozenge Two-Needle Knitted Vest
Step 1: Gather Your MaterialsBefore you begin knitting, gather the following materials:
- Size 7 or 8 knitting needles
- Three skeins of worsted weight yarn in your preferred color
- A stitch holder
- A tapestry needle
Step 2: Cast On StitchesUsing the long-tail cast on method, cast on 86 stitches using one of the knitting needles. This will be the back of your vest.
Step 3: Create the Embossed Lozenge PatternThe embossed lozenge pattern is a unique and eye-catching design that will make your vest stand out. To create the pattern, follow these instructions:
- Rows 1-2: Knit all stitches
- Rows 3-4: Purl all stitches
- Rows 5-6: Knit all stitches
- Rows 7-10: Follow the embossed lozenge pattern chart (the white squares represent knit stitches, while the black squares represent purl stitches)
- Repeat rows 1-10 until the back piece measures 12 inches from the cast on edge.